Calvary Preschool FAQ’s
- What forms do I need to submit to enroll my child?
There is an enrollment form on our website or you can fill out a paper packet containing the same information. Paper packets are available in the Preschool Office or you can download one here. Office hours are Monday-Friday 9-1.
- Are there any discounts for tuition?
We offer a multi-student discount of 10% off the second child’s tuition. If you wish to pay the year’s tuition in full, there is a 10% discount for that.
- What is your refund policy?
The registration fee is non-refundable. September tuition is non-refundable only if a class cancels due to low enrollment (>75% full) or military relocation.
- When is tuition due?
Tuition is due the first of each month. There is a 5 day grace period. After that, a late fee will be assessed. Please refer to the Parent Handbook for current late fees.
- Who do I talk to about my bill or any financial questions?
Paula Hanson is our Bookkeeper/Office Assistant. Her office hours are Monday-Thursday from 9-1. Her email is: email@example.com. She can be reached at the Preschool Office via phone as well; 719-599-KIDS.
- Additional Info:
- One-one-visits will be held between August 21st-31st and teachers will call mid-August to schedule your special time!
- Classes start at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, September 5th for T/TH and M-TH classes and Wednesday, September 6th for all MW and MWF classes.
- All children will need a backpack. Children who are in classes that dismiss at 1:00 p.m. will also need a lunch box.
- Jr. Preschool children will need a daily supply of diapers, a change of clothes and wipes as requested at the one-on-one visit.
HEALTH INFORMATION/ALLERGIES/ILLNESS POLICIES
- Does my child need a physical or immunizations?
The state requires every child to have a physical within the 12 months prior to enrolling. Additionally, the state requires all children to submit an immunization record prior to attending class. Click here to download the immunization form
- We don’t immunize. Can my child still attend?
Calvary Preschool does not accept personal or religious exemptions. Medical exemptions are allowed, but the proper state-approved form must be submitted before the child’s first day of school. Click here to download the medical exemption
- My child has special medical concerns. Are there additional forms required?
If your child has severe allergies, click here for the Allergy Care Plan. If your child has asthma, click here for the Asthma Care Plan. If your child has other health concerns such as diabetes, seizures, etc., please contact the office to obtain any other forms that may be required. 719-599-KIDS or email the director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My child is ill. Can they still attend school?
Please refer to the 2017-18 Parent Handbook for our illness/exclusion policy.
- What is your inclement weather/delayed start policy?
In most instances, we will observe School District 11 closures for inclement weather. If D-11 has a 2 hour delay, we will open at 11:00. Classes that meet from 9-11:30 will NOT be held if there is a delayed start. If D-11 CLOSES for the day, we will close for the entire day. There is no before school care on late start/closure days. Late starts and closures will be announced on the school’s voice mail by 7:30 a.m. (599-KIDS) and will be updated with any additional changes by 10:00 a.m. (i.e. the status changes from a delay to a closure). We reserve the right to call a snow day or late start if we feel the weather is dangerous to parents, staff or children, even if D-11 has not cancelled or delayed. In the rare event that we have a late start or closure that does not follow D-11, teachers will attempt to call and/or email parents to notify them. It is the responsibility of parents to check the delay/closure status. Please be sure to notify your child’s teacher of any change to your phone or email information.
- What holiday closures do you follow?
We will be closed for Thanksgiving break, Christmas break and Spring break. We also close for MLK and President’s Day. Specific dates will be sent home at the beginning of the school year.
CLASS SIZE/TEACHER QUALIFICATIONS
- What is your class size?
Maximum class sizes are as follows:
Preschool (2 yrs.) = 10 students/2 staff
Preschool (3 yrs.) = 13 students/2 staff
Pre-Kindergarten = 15 students/2staff
- Are your teachers licensed?
Preschools are under the umbrella of the Colorado Office of Early Childhood Education. While they are not licensed the same way elementary teachers are, there are specific qualifications they must meet. For a complete list of qualifications for Early Childhood Teachers, click here.
All classes have at least one qualified Teacher and a qualified Assistant Teacher in the room.
BEFORE SCHOOL CARE
- Need a little extra time in the mornings?
Before school care is available from 8:00-9:00 for an additional charge of $30/child/day. For example: 1 child /1 day per week = $30/month. 1 child/ 2 days per week = $60/month, etc.
You must register for before-care; it is not a drop-in service, as space is very limited. Before care is billed monthly.